The ICSP 2020 Midyear Cycle is now Open
Please note that the 2020 Midyear Cycle is now open for the period 3 to 7 April 2020 for the following actions:
- Applicants to verify their registration details.
- Applicants already on the System, will receive email messages inviting them to verify and update their details on the System.
- Eligible new applicants are required to click here to register an account on the System.
- For inquiries, Applicants are advised to contact the help-desk on +27 87 012 5082 or log a case ticket by clicking here.
Important Notice Concerning the Community Service and Internship Practitioners
Please note the following:
- The National Department is concluding the allocation process of Medical Interns who are eligible and able to commence duty on the 1 April 2020 for Internship. Please note that this is not a new allocation round, however it is meant to facilitate the allocation of South African citizens, who studied in South Africa and are eligible to commence duty on the 1 April 2020. Applicants will be informed via e-mail of their approved allocation.
- Please be informed that the allocation and appointment of Community Service and internship practitioners is regarded as essential service to the public sector. Therefore the process will continue as per the approved project plan for the 2020 Midyear Cycle and 2021 Annual Cycle.
- Further updates on the 2020 Midyear cycle and 2021 Annual Cycle will be posted in due course.
The Annual 2020 Final Results for the Internship and Community Service Programme have been Released
Please note the following:
a) All applicants are required to ACCEPT or REJECT their allocation on the system on or before the 11th December 2019. If not, the post may be withdrawn from the system and moved to future cycles.
b) All categories except Nurses– “By accepting this allocation, I agree to start at the placement facility not later than 01 January 2020. I acknowledge that if I do not resume duty on or by 01 January 2019 my allocated post may be withdrawn.
c) Professional Nurses only– “By accepting this allocation, I agree to start at the placement facility not later than 15 February 2020. I acknowledge that if I do not resume duty on or before 15 February 2020 my allocated post may be withdrawn. “
d) “By rejecting the allocated post, you agree to be migrated to the future cycle where you will have to re-apply .
Let us help you make a more informed choice! Explore the service offerings, amenities and characteristics of the facilities you are interested in, OR even discover facilities you haven't considered yet
Discover rural South Africa and all it has to offer during your community service year! Find out from previous applicants about their experiences going rural and how you could make the most of your community service year providing health care to the most underserved communities.
What does your ICSP journey look like?
All users will be pre-registered on the ICSP Online System. After receiving your email notification with your login details, you MUST login and verify your information
Users will be notified when the system will open for applications. Users MUST complete their application and provide all necessary documentation for an application to be considered
Swops & Appeals
After the allocation process, applicants will be allowed to swop post allocations with each other. If you are still unhappy with your allocation, you may also appeal to the committee for reconsideration
Final Allocations & Contracting
Once final allocations have been published, applicants must indicate acceptance or rejection of the post before provinces commence with contracting processes.
Helping you through your ICSP journey
The ICSP User guide, FAQs sections and user tutorials provide all the necessary information to help users navigate the ICSP Online system easily.
More help is available through our competently staffed Call Centre. Agents can be reached via email, online ticketing or phone call during office hours.