This can occur if “old” data is still being held on your device. Clearing your browser cache, where temporary data is held, should resolve the problem.
What to do on a PC:
- On the top right hand corner of screen there are 3 vertical dots (⋮). Click it.
- Select More tools, then Clear browsing data
- A screen will open. Click on the tick box 1)Cookies and Other data, and 2) Cached images and files. Do not tick Clear browsing history. Click Clear data.
- Close the page and open again, login and you should see the Application Page.
What to do on an Android device:
- Open the Chrome browser and tap the Menu button (⋮).If you don’t see this, you may need to pull down on the page.
- Tap Settings in the menu that appears.On smaller phones, you may have to scroll the menu down to see it.
- Tap Privacy in the AdvancedThis will open a new menu.
- Scroll down and tap Clear Browsing Data.This button is at the bottom of the Privacy menu.
- Ensure that Cache and Cookies, Site data are checked and then tap Clear. This will delete the cache for Google Chrome.